Tour de Suisse has two separate jerseys for sprints competition (based only on points from intermediate sprints) and points competition (where the points obtained from placement in stages are included; I am not sure whether they count here the intermediate sprints, too.)
The Tour de Suisse awards a white jersey to a somewhat unique competition, the Sprints classification, which awards placings not on stage finishes but strictly in intermediate sprints.
The link given there shows the leader of the sprints classification in 2008 wearing the white jersey.
Seasons 2005-2013 have individual articles on Wikipedia - the links can be found in the article about Tour de Suisee. When I checked these articles I have seen that:
- In 2008, the color is shown as white.
- In 2007, sprint classification is mentioned, but no information about the color of the jersey is in that article.
- In 2012 the sprint classification is not mentioned at all, so it was probably not awarded.
- Wikipedia articles on seasons 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 show the color of the sprint jersey as blue.
Of course, there might be mistakes in Wikipedia articles and Wikipedia gives no information about sprint competition before 2005.
I would like to know:
- Was the year 2008 the only year, when the color of the jersey for the sprints competition was white?
- When was the sprint classification (separate from the point classification) introduced in Tour de Suisse for the first time?