I am trying to recall the name of a sport with the following details:
- The match I saw was between two Italian sides and I believe it had an Italian name.
- It is similar to football, although I believe the hands were used also.
- It was played on a sandy surface in an enclosed pitch (waist-level fencing).
- The game was very violent and bloody, with punching and kicking opponents allowed.
- It's not the Fighting Football League.
- It seemed perhaps to be steeped in historical tradition.
- It may only be contested between two cities/teams.
Thanks in advance!