This question already has an answer here:
Suppose we have an ODI match between Team A and Team B. Team B batted first and scored 300 / 6 in 50 overs. After 49.5 overs, Team A reaches 300 / 9. Player X, who is on strike, is on 98. He wants to complete his century. In the following situation, what happens:
- A legal ball is bowled, and the the batsman hits it straight to a fielder at long on.
- Both the batsmen start running and complete a run.
- Player X turns back for another run.
- His partner is busy celebrating their win and does not turn back.
- The fielder throws the ball towards the bowler's end.
- Player X, seeing that his partner is not turning back, tries to return back.
- It's a direct hit, and Player X is out.
The score is now 301 / 10, and Team A has won, but by how many wickets? 0?