Looking at the top 5 fastest recorded serves in tennis, it's noticeable that players who have hit these serves are relatively tall players.
- Sam Groth (263.4km/h) is 6'3"
- Albano Olivetti (257.5km/h) is 6'8"
- John Isner (253.7km/h) is 6'10"
- Ivo Karlovic (251km/h) is 6'11"
- Jerzy Janowicz (251km/h) is 6'8"
If we extend the list to the top 10, the shortest player among them would be Roscoe Tanner, who stands 6'0".
Is there any definite advantage that tall players have when it comes to serving the ball?