In the following video, Neymar does a double step-over from a dead stop by adding a touch, finishing with a body feint. What is this skill move called?


Its called "Shupaneyo". The word is only used in Brazil and some other Latin American countries. Don't know how it is called in English, but that is the original name

  • 6
    Searching "Shupaneyo" on Google didn't return a single result. Can you give some references? Portuguese ones are also fine. – gdrt Nov 12 '17 at 13:12

This move appears similar, if not identical to the Okocha move shown in this video.

In this move, the player dribbles the ball with the inside of one foot (we'll say the right foot), and then oversteps the shot with the left foot before cutting back.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.