In the following video, Neymar does a double step-over from a dead stop by adding a touch, finishing with a body feint. What is this skill move called?


3 Answers 3


According to this video its called double stepover but i dont think that this is the offical name for it.

  • 1
    Why do you think this isn't the official name for it?
    – F1Krazy
    Commented Mar 5, 2021 at 19:36

This move appears similar if not identical to the "half preki", as demonstrated in this video.

In this move, the player dribbles the ball with the inside of one foot (we'll say the right foot), and then oversteps the shot with the left foot before cutting back.


Its called "Shupaneyo". The word is only used in Brazil and some other Latin American countries. Don't know how it is called in English, but that is the original name

  • 11
    Searching "Shupaneyo" on Google didn't return a single result. Can you give some references? Portuguese ones are also fine.
    – gdrt
    Commented Nov 12, 2017 at 13:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.