Is cricket the second number game after football in terms of its popularity? but some people are saying that squash is most playing game after football. I think cricket is most playing game after football.
It depends on the criteria being used.
According to Total Sportek, Cricket is the 3rd most popular sport after Football and Basketball, based on the following 13 criteria:
- Global base & audience
- TV Viewership numbers
- Number Professional leagues around the world
- TV rights deals
- Endorsement & Sponsorship deals
- Average athlete salary in top league
- Biggest competition & (number of countries represented)
- Social media presence
- Prominence in sports headlines on media outlets (websites, tv)
- Relevancy through the year
- Regional dominance
- Gender equality
- Accessible to general public worldwide
However, there are many other lists with other results based on other criteria.
For example, World Atlas claims Cricket is 2nd while Basketball is 7th based solely on global following (i.e. the number of fans).
It depends upon the people whom they prefer the most as many leagues like 1= PSL 2= IPL 3=BPL these all leagues are becoming the famous and become the cause of entertainment around the world . Now people are prefer these types of leagues the most because these matches are seen by millions of people live on internet and mostly on channels in Asia sides so i think cricket is getting more popular and after football leagues.