I've seen a video, there were girls using a gym object that was like a ladder in a "ring form", like two big rings connected by pegs. What is the name of this object?

Thank you all

  • Maybe adding a picture could clarify the question a bit. Are the two rings the same size, or is it smaller ring inside a bigger one and the two rings are connected?
    – Martin
    Aug 28 '18 at 13:42
  • Is perhaps wheel gymnastics what you're after?
    – Martin
    Aug 28 '18 at 13:43
  • Thank you Martin, it was wheel gymnastics, I've seen the pictures now!
    – pter26
    Aug 28 '18 at 13:45

After some clarifications in the comments, it seems that the sport in question is wheel gymnastics. Regarding the name of the equipment, I will quote the Wikipedia article (current revision).

Wheel gymnasts do exercises in a large wheel or hoop known as the Rhönrad, gymnastics wheel, gym wheel, or German wheel, in the beginning also known as ayro wheel, aero wheel, and Rhon rod. The large wheel consists of two circles, which are connected with six spokes. The diameter of the wheel depends on the length of the gymnast, so that the gymnasts can hold himself on the grips when fully stretched. The wheels are available from a diameter of a 130 to 245cm. The wheels weigh between 40 and 60 kg. They are available in several depths and colors.

If interested, you can easily find online many pictures and videos showing this sport.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.