I found a thread in Twitter where they show a pass by Lionel Messi.

enter image description here

Next messages show others players performing it such as David Silva.

enter image description here

Is there a specific name for this kind of pass or is it just a pass with the outside of the foot?

1 Answer 1


The technique of putting curl on a ball with the outside of the foot is known as a trivela, which is a Portuguese term. Another notable example would be Roberto Carlos' bending free kick against France in 1997.

There is as far as I know no specific word for a pass with the outside of the foot specifically.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.