Who took the most wickets in 1 over in cricket? I got to know that Muhammad Aamir is not the right answer; there is someone else who took more wickets than him.
Well, in international cricket, the most taken by a bowler in a single over is 4 wickets. This has happened six times in Test cricket:
- Maurice Allom - For England vs New Zealand in 1929
- Ken Cranston - For England vs South Africa in 1947
- Fred Titmus - For England vs New Zealand in 1965
- Chris Old - For England vs Pakistan in 1978
- Wasim Akram - For Pakistan vs the West Indies in 1990
- Andy Caddick - For England vs the West Indies in 2001
Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka) also took 4 wickets in an over in an ODI match against South Africa in 2007.
Neil Wagner has taken 5 in an over against Wellington in 2011, the first and only time this has happened in first-class cricket.