What is the name of the board/wall/plank that keeps table tennis balls from running too far away from the table? In this image, it is the purple and red board/wall/plank around the playing area that has "LIEBHERR" on it.

1 Answer 1


These are known as "barriers." For more information on barriers, refer here.

A preferred brand of table tennis barriers is Stiga:

stiga barrier

Here is an example of Stiga barriers being used during an informal competition:

stiga barriers at competition

  • Source: All About Table Tennis
    – user16493
    Dec 20, 2018 at 14:09
  • Author's note: It is not my source, but the aforementioned source did lead to providing this answer.
    – user16112
    Dec 20, 2018 at 14:54
  • Thank you! I didn't find any mention of them when googling using the word 'equipment'. Now I know :)
    – longtry
    Dec 22, 2018 at 0:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.