I'm trying to remember the term used for the part of a multi-lap open-water swim where the swimmer is expected to exit the water, run a distance and then enter the water in between each lap.

I'm sure there's a name for it but I just can't remember.


Ok, I found it. It's a term relating to triathlons and it's called an Australian Exit.

  • Never heard it called that before. Have done a couple, did not know they had names! – geoffc Mar 22 '13 at 20:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.