I’m searching for a general name like “fault” or “handicap” or something – indicating the amount of points or goals or whatever missing for a perfect score.

For example, in Darts, you cannot do better than scoring 60 points (at least according to wikipedia on Darts. So there’s a maximum score you can have. If one scores 36, one has a “fault” of 24? Which word would one use here? Or in any other sport?

  • In Golf there is the "expected" score (number of shots to get the ball in the hole), which is the "par" number, and then there are specific names for when the golfer does one better (birdie), two better (eagle), one worse (bogey), etc. – Joan Charmant Nov 20 '19 at 5:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.