The score during a game of pickleball doubles is 4-7-2.
For those unfamiliar, this means that:
- the serving team has 4 points,
- the opposing team has 7 points, and
- this is the second serve for the serving team.
Now suppose that the serving team wins the point. The score becomes 5-7. That much is clear, but:
Does the pickleball serving number reset when a point is won at the second serve?
Concretely, does the score become:
- 5-7-1 (with the serving number resetting to 1), or does it become
- 5-7-2 (with the serving number remaining 2 despite that this is the first serve to be made at the 5-7 score?