Which word is used when bowler takes 4 continuous wickets in 4 balls? (such as hat-rick for 3 wickets in 3 balls)

  • My question for 4 wicket in 4 balls not multiple hat-trick. – Meet Pandya Jul 14 '14 at 14:35
  • That may be the case, but the linked question still provides an answer to your query. – Spinner Jul 14 '14 at 15:33
  • Did you read the whole answer there? – hims056 Jul 15 '14 at 4:21
  • Yeah I read the whole answer and I was satisfied with that answer – Meet Pandya Apr 1 '16 at 12:30

It is Four in Four according to Wikipedia.

Taking two wickets in two consecutive deliveries is occasionally known as a brace, or (more commonly, especially until the next delivery has been made) being on a hat-trick. Four wickets in four balls is referred to in cricket literature and record books as four in four but the term double hat-trick has also been used in the media, as it will contain two different, overlapping sets of three consecutively dismissed batsmen.

Note : Cricket does not define an official term for 4-in-4.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.