Baseball fields often have a display of the number of balls, strikes, and outs. Does this group have a name? As far as I can cell, "Count" refers to just balls and strikes and are for individual batters; there are no outs. An "umpire indicator" often displays innings as well as those three. Is there a specific name that refers to just BSO?

  • As far as I know, there is no name for this particular trio of values.
    – chepner
    May 16, 2019 at 16:17


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.